It is no secret that children are fascinated by the world of adults. They watch their dad and mom driving down the road, and they dream of doing the same. Hence, children’s cars are one of the most desired toys.
Regardless of the model, these cars allow them to pass a certain distance on their own. Since the offer of these toys is so broad, we encourage you to consult this shopping guide to choose the best model.
The following is our top selection of push cars and buyers reviews:
1. Step2 Whisper Ride II Ride On Push Car, Blue
- A sleek automotive design, smooth, quiet ride wheels, and a kid-powered car horn
- Ride on features two cup holders for the child and one for parents. Maximum weight on ride-on- 50 Pounds (22.7 kg)
- The car features an easy to fold handle for secure storage and quick transportation
- Safety belt included keeping toddlers secure inside the car
- Spacious storage located under the car’s hood for shipping of little treasures
- Handle folds under for transport
- Features “whisper ride” wheels for a smooth, quiet ride and easy-pull handle design
“The age on the box says 18-36 months. It has a seat belt, and the interior is all closed off so it could even fit another small child. It has a little trunk space in the front to store stuff. The handle bends down to put in the car for travel. There is a cup holder for the adult and the child. It is very smooth and quiet, and you can put it together in about 15 minutes.”
2. Step2 775600 Push Around Buggy GT, Pink Push Car
- Turn heads left and right as you and your mini driver cruise around town in this sleek and stylish kids’ ride-on toy. Realistic car decals and molded-in detailing make this kids’ car look just like a real sports car!
- Push the toddler car with the included handle that features a comfortable, extra-wide grip handle.
- This kids’ toy car is great for longer journeys with the molded-in cup holder and under-hood storage space for toys and snacks! Plus, buckle up with the included safety belt for a secure ride.
- Little drivers will enjoy the ride as they pretend to steer and use the horn to alert others to share the sidewalk.
- In the box: Car base, wheels, steering wheel with horn, safety belt, and handle.
- material_type: Plastic
“It is a push car for your little one, but it looks like a race car. This car makes your walks much more enjoyable for yourself and your child. Its plastic tires make it a fantasy of spinning circles way more comfortable and enjoyable.”
3. Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car
- Ultimate kid’s push car features the realistic design of the McLaren 570S Sportscar!
- The interactive steering wheel allows little ones to rev their engines with the electronic sounds, just like the 570S
- Glide through turns with the ultra-quiet whisper wheels design
- Take your dream car on the go by folding the oversized handle underneath for secure storage and quick transport
- This sports car features two driver cup holders, and the adult push handle features a swivel cup holder for mom or dad
“Sleek, high-end push car that isn’t much different from the Step2 Whisper Ride II, which is around $15 cheaper. If functionality is what you want, go for the more affordable Whisper Ride II. You’ll get the same features. However, if you want the hottest push car in the neighborhood, go f this car. The toddler chicks in your area will be digging your kid’s ride.”
4. Baby Steps 1578-SW Linsenced Mercedez Benz Licensed Mercedes GL63 Amg Car with Removable Pushing Bar, White
- Age: 2+ years
- Pushing car w/removable pushing bar
- Adjustable footrest
“This one could be a lovely gift! It’s easy to put together.”
5. Little Tikes Deluxe 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster
- The canopy provides a shade with two cup holders an zippered storage area for outdoor use
- Quiet tires are durable for outdoor surfaces and gentle for indoor floors
- Friendly character face and real working horn
- Adjustable handle can be attached to the front and back of the vehicle
- The handle can be used for both pushing and pulling. Kindly review the user manual for item instructions and assembly.
- The axel rods are located inside the handlebars
“The shade top works perfectly to keep your child from getting sunburns; it has got a lot more shade than his stroller does! The shaded part also easily comes off if you don’t want to use it. It has a seatbelt to keep your little one from falling out.
We love that it has 2 cup holders on the back of it, one for his drink one for a parent as well. This car is super cute.”
6. Step2 Push Around Buggy Anniversary Edition Pink
- Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Push Around Buggy with this new pink edition
- Cute character buggy for enjoyable push and ride fun
- Designed with storage space under the hood for snacks and toys
- Features seatbelt to keep you little one safe during the ride
“It is a great product, and the shipping process is super fast. Also, it’s cheaper online than buying it in stores. You’ll receive dozens of compliments everywhere you go.”
7. EVEZO Bentley Continental GT Speed, Ride-On Toy Car for Kids, Full Steering, Adult Push, Licensed (White)
- Great present for birthdays or Christmas. This ride-on push car has fully function steering wheels with buttons that play catchy tunes, working horn and engine sounds will be a big hit with your little ones.
- This officially licensed Bentley ride-on has a realistic body styling so your little driver can ride around in only the finest of toddler vehicles.
- This ASTM safety certified push car is crafted from a durable, non-toxic plastic body and includes a wheelie bar handle that prevents kids from flipping backward.
- Accommodates children up to 50lbs and includes an under-seat storage compartment to store favorite toddler toys.
- Battery Requirements – 2AA batteries (not included). Product Dimensions: 26 x 11 x 15”.
“This model is very well made. It has realistic sounding horn and ignition sounds. The seat comes up so you can store stuff in there.”
8. Step2 Easy Steer Sportster, Red/Black/White
- Caster wheel engages for smooth swivel, 360 degrees turning and can be retracted for riding on rougher terrains
- Includes folding handle for easy transport and storage
- Features Whisper Wheels for a smooth ride
- Push the steering wheel for “beep beep” sounds
- Seat belts included
“This one is well-made, sturdy, beautiful, and does indeed turn 360 degrees. It also has space in it for keeping small items like snack bars, a diaper, wipes, lotion, etc.
The center wheel makes it easy for us to steer him in different directions rather than just forward in a straight line. That was my main reason for buying this ride on as opposed to the Step2 Whisper Ride II.”
9. Best Choice Products 3-in-1 Kids Push and Pedal Toddler Ride On Wagon Play Toy Stroller w/ Sounds, Handle, Horn – Red
- 3-in-1 Toy Car: Multifunctional wagon provides convenience for parents and fun for children, as it can be used a stroller, walking car, or riding car
- Easy Push-and-pull-handle: Easily maneuvered with a handle that lets you push or pull your little one around the neighborhood
- Functional Steering Wheel: Equipped with musical buttons on the steering wheel, so toddlers can jam to fun tunes as they ride
- Safe Design: Adjustable armrest guardrails keep your child secure inside the push car to provide maximum safety
- Built-In-Storage: Includes a convenient compartment for storage to keep your hands free; overall dimensions: 23″(L) x 17″(W)” x 33″(H) (w/ handle); Weight Capacity: 50 lbs.
“It has a reasonable price, and my son enjoys it. My husband and I can quickly push it around while standing.
10. Ride-on Toys SXZ1578RD Mercedes Push Car Ride-On, Red
- Two-way convertible backrest support (long/short backrest handles included)
- Integrated MP3 player with MP3 audio input – plays music from the device
- Licensed Mercedes Benz GL63 AMG
“I give it five stars. That is a great product, and my son loves it.
11. Best Ride On Cars Mercedes Benz Push Car, Red
- Features under the seat storage, a rear handle, and a steering wheel with music and horn sounds
- For ages 1-3 years
- Non-battery powered
- Steering wheel plays music and horn sounds
- Under the seat storage
“It is the cutest car I ever saw, and I like that it isn’t any of those cars that depict Disney movies or Barbie, or war jeep, etc. It is just right for our great-grandson, gleaming red body just like you would expect from Mercedes!
12. Step2 Push Around Buddy Parent Push Car
- A push car for toddlers with a full grip handle for easy maneuvering
- The ride-on vehicle features a realistic steering wheel with a real working horn
- The ride-on vehicle is made of durable poly construction meant to last for years
- Safety belt included keeping children safe during play
- The car requires minimal adult assembly
“Our boy likes it so much. He doesn’t even try to squirm out of the seat belt during our walks. He enjoys pushing it as much as riding. It is exciting to see that he knows to steer the wheel and honk the little horn.”
13. Step2 2-in-1 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Parent Push Car
- Realistic looking Ford Raptor ride on toy with working lights in the front grille
- Sturdy, rugged wheels with 360-degree turning and two working doors with latches
- Easily converts from a parent push car to a foot to floor ride-on with removable floorboard and detachable push handle
- Truck bed used for storage of little treasures or snacks
- Realistic steering wheel with an actual honking horn
Important advice: Do not buy this car from the third party seller Bluespring!
“We purchased this on the internet with a third party seller BlueSpring and paid more for the item and expedited shipping due to time constraints. We received the order with a receipt label from Walmart.com. Later we found out that they ordered the item cheaper on Walmart.com and had it shipped to us via regular ground shipping (which was free to them). BlueSpring would not refund us for the expedited shipping, but we went to the site directly, reported them, and received our money back for the shipping.”
14. Step2 Whisper Ride Cruiser Ride-On Toy, Red
- Modern kids ride-on toy car features a realistic car design, life-like decals, and pretend steering wheel with working horn!
- Kids push car features Step2 signature whisper wheels for limited road noise
- Spacious, under-seat storage and multiple cup holders make this kids’ car a perfect match for long walks!
- Oversized, parent push handle allows for this ride-on to be quickly stored and easily transported
- Maximum ride-on weight: 50 lbs. (22.68 kg)
“It’s the easiest way to keep him occupied and entertained during trips. We purchased the Step2 Whisper Ride Cruiser for our son a few months ago when he was about 9 or 10 months old. He enjoys it and likes the range of movement as opposed to being secured in a stroller. I take him in his car everywhere and have even taken him in it to go grocery shopping, it’s the easiest way to keep him occupied and entertained on trips like this. Since my son has a Gotham City/Batman themed room, we decided to spray-paint this little car black before we assembled it and then added Batman emblems on the sides to make it into his little Batmobile. It ended up looking nice, and we get stopped everywhere by parents asking where we got his Batmobile. I don’t have any complaints about this. Assembly was pretty simple. I would recommend this ride on the car.”
15.Four Tone USA Multi-Function 6V Kid Drive-Able Ride-On Stroller Push Car (Red)
- NEW Feature, Comes With 6V Motor Allows Baby to Have Early Driving Experience 3-5 MPH
- NEW! 360 Degree Wheel Turning and LED Lights.
- NEW! Padded Leather Seat, Music and Sound Buttons on Steering Wheel Integrated MP3 Player with MP3 Audio Input – Plays Music from Phone
- 2 Way Convertible Backrest Support (Long/Short Backrest Handles included)
- Push Car Ride-On Toddler-Youth Strollers Perfect for Boys or Girls 1 2 or 3 Years Old with Maximum Rider Weight of 45 lb
“Cool car. Suitable for under three years old for the small child or two years old for the big child.”
After collecting some information about these toys, it is time for shopping. To select the appropriate model for the little ones in the house, you need to keep certain factors in mind. Here is a list of some of the most important purchase criteria. Please take note of them.
- Age of use
- Car type
- Quality and finishes
- Easy to use
- Age of use
As with any children’s item, it is essential to review the manufacturer’s instructions. Cars for children can be suitable for an age range between 12 months and eight years. Of course, it will depend on the model in question. The design and dimensions of the car are decisive factors.
Although there are suitable models for different ages, they are usually recommended for children from 2 or 3 years. For the little ones, electric cars should be accompanied by remote control. In this way, it will be an adult who drives the vehicle through remote control, reducing the possible risks.
There are three types of toy cars for children. Electric vehicles are, perhaps, more advisable for children from 3 years. At this age, they are already becoming more aware of their surroundings so that they can enjoy some autonomy. If accompanied by remote control, that is even better.
The models with pedals are beneficial for exercising the little driver’s little legs. The speed reached by car, then, will be determined by its pedaling: faster movements equals faster speed. In the case of electric vehicles, they have a motor that allows a maximum speed of about 5 km / h.
The accessories will ensure that the car enjoys greater or lesser realism. In general, all models have a driver’s seat, rearview mirrors, and a steering wheel. Also, the wheels are usually very similar to those of an authentic vehicle. The little one will like his car to resemble that of his parents.
The complete models have elements such as a seat belt, lighting, horn, or sounds. The existence of a trunk or space to store your items is also a good plus. Some even incorporate an MP3 connection for the little one to listen to their favorite music. In the end, everything adds up.
Quality and finishes
The variety of manufacturing materials is essential for design and safety. Ideally, they should be materials suitable for children, that is, resistant and durable. Plastic is usually the most common material. It is essential to make sure that this is robust and withstands any final blow well.
Also, look at the finishes of the vehicle. There are very new designs that include all the details. Bet on a model of a well-known children’s brand or car houses like Mercedes, BMW or Volkswagen. That will result in more guarantees and impeccable finishes. Opt for a car whose wheels are also of quality.
Easy to use
A toy car should be an easy-to-use instrument. It is of no use that the vehicle has several directions of movement if the child does not know how to drive. It is vital that it is a challenge for him, but not an impossible one.
Our little ones love to imitate us, so the cars for children, which look so much like the real ones, would be the perfect choice for them. With these toys, you will feel free, and the fun will be immeasurable for the whole family.
When selecting the appropriate model, it is convenient to bear some fundamental aspects in mind, such as the child’s age, tastes, security, or price. Those are some key details. Children grow fast, and toys could last only a few years. Therefore, your purchase decision must consider all possible scenarios.